Thursday, April 21, 2011

Things I love: Someone else doing my eyebrows

Today I went to the Aveda school to get my eyebrows waxed.  I wouldn't have gone all the way down there just for that, but Kathryn wanted a hair cut, and I am not going to turn down the opportunity to have someone else deal with my eyebrows.

I hate plucking them.  Excuse me, tweezing.  (The girl who did them today said "we pluck chickens, we tweeze our brows".)  It takes forever and I often make them lopsided.  I'd much rather pay $10 every few months for someone else to thread/wax them and then make a half-hearted effort to keep them up myself in between.

I've gotten them waxed at Aveda once before, so I assumed it would be the same routine.  However, as soon as I get there the receptionist walks me past the little waxing station in the front, opens a door in the back, motions me in, and leaves.  The room is pitch black very dimly lit, and I immediately text Kathryn "she just closed me in a dark room".  After my eyes adjust, I realize it's a waiting room.  A very dark waiting room.  It was a little odd.

After waiting there about 10 minutes, a girl comes and takes me back to a room, and I realize this is actually the fancy spa part of Aveda that's supposed to be soothing and relaxing.  Other rooms had people getting massages and facials.  Uhh, hi, can I change my mind?  I want that too.

To sum it up: best eyebrow waxing experience ever.  She took like half an hour to make sure they looked good.  This was way better than the front of the salon little waxing booth where you're done in 5 minutes.  And still only $10!  I need to figure out how to get that again the next time I go.  "Hi, I'd like to make an appointment for an eyebrow waxing, but can I make it for the fancy back room instead of the front one?  Thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment